Past Blog Posts

Journeying

*Note: I didn't intend to make this blog so personal, as I feel this post is extremely personal to me... however, after taking a good look at my blog, I asked myself... what REALLY makes me different from other bloggers out there? People can photograph just the same, and even better. Images do speak a 1000 words, but my life... documented and transcribed to written formation is the formula that will impact the look, style, appeal, and brand that I am currently trying to discover.

So how to begin... lately I've been on a journey of sorts. This isn't really a physical pack up your bags type... although i'll be embarking on one for a month all of july... but rather one that requires me (my body), my brain, and my soul. It also includes lots of prayerful mediation while reminiscing on things of the past and inquiring about things of the future. All in all it's a journey talking to God. As vague, maybe even obscure, and "religious" as it sounds, in God, is where I find myself to be most vulnerable, real, whole, valued, loved, and beautiful inside and out. I have come to this conclusion not because people have failed me, or because of being antisocial (i'm not antisocial btw... lol), or even from sitting in a pew all my life... but this in me exists because no matter what or who comes across my life, God has always been the greater one. Yes church did aid in expressing the learnable values of God, but God exists beyond just lessons, a felt board, to me He is the greater provider, lover, emotional comforter, peace maker, GPS... lol, friend, parent, company, idea, thinker, wise man, and the one who has never left my side. Walking with God is not elementary to me, but rather has been a lifelong ordeal. It also includes lots of struggle, compromise, defeat, and just times of wanting to get away from it all. In the end, it was God and his love for me who came running after me, who came knocking on the door of my heart to say "I've given you so much, it's ok, try the best you can with what you have before you, everything will be ok, I still love you no matter what."

In saying all that, my journey to give definition to my life, my future, and some of my past is in the making. I dont know how it will look like, nor how it will end. I just know that I'm willing to take the risks, to fight the good fight, stand in the midst of persecution, and live a life of love.

This blog has been in existence for over a year now, and I feel there hasn't been much progress. I blame it on my own inconsistencies with blogging, transitioning from school book maniac to ministry work-a-loving-it and soon to be traveler. Lame excuses of course, however after my trip I plan on continuing to apply for several more jobs to see where the next chapter in my life will take me. All in all I want this blog to mean something. To conjure a sense of pride in my heart knowing, this is me... of course not all of me, but a part of me i'm willing to share, testify, and to make known the God who has imparted in me to love people. My way of doing so is to document on film the people He Loves.

The image below is from a friend's dinner before their wedding. By far from the 3 day weekend, this image captured the essence of the entire three days of wedding extravaganza. His face, his smile, his laughter, its priceless. When God sees us, his face shines with pride for us, his smile brightens the earth's horizons, and his laughter shakes the mountains. Its priceless. The Love of God. it's priceless.


To see more from this day go here.



PS. Dear Katzy Serrano, aka Mr Lovie Pie. Thank you for your enduring encouragements and unconditional love. Thank you for being so patient with me while I go through my crazy life transitions. I've learned so much from you and can only look forward to a life time of picking at your brain and seeing what else God has in store for us. See you soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment