Past Blog Posts

Inspired Los Angeles, Southern CA Photographer | Lifestyle

For a while I’ve been searching near and far in the interwebs to find some sort of “spark” to get my photography juices flowing. I was running out of ideas, and I felt I was becoming mundane-boring-and dry in my work. I needed something. But I didnt know what. I felt like I was in a RUT... a dark rut with no way out because 1. I didn’t want to copy another successful photographer. 2. I didn’t want to be known as a photographer whose work “looks like ”, I wanted my work to stand out for itself and to represent ME. 3. I was overwhelmed with all the ideas displayed online such as pinterest, google images, google reader. etc. I didn’t where my identity and inspiration was as a photographer came from anymore. Nor did I know where to pull it from. Again, I didn’t want to be a copycat.

I was challenged to look at things around me in a deeper way. I really lost touch with my ability to just get a photograph out of an ordinary object lets say a bookshelf. But after the practical exercise of exploring the bookstore below the meeting place, I found where I lost my vision. I had simply given up on seeing things in a new way, because I gotten bored with what I saw. But since I was in a new place, it tingled my senses in a way, and allowed me to step out of my comfortable environment, and see things in a new way. 

This workshop has revived my heart in so many ways. It has brought me to a place to continually challenging myself to see things in new ways. It also has allowed me to not get overwhelmed with all the imagery I’m receiving on the interwebs. I know what to do with all that inspiration now, and I know where I’d like to channel it. 

All the women who put this event together and made it happen have inspired me so much. Their true and sincere creativity in design, aspiration, and ingenuity is incredible, and I could not have asked for an event put on at such a perfect timing as this.

Thank you Ladies.

LOVE,

Christina



A workshop for finding inspiration that truly inspires.

{http://inspired.lukasandsuzy.com}

--

Emilee Hegg // http://tastefultatters.com
Susannah VanDyke // http://lukasandsuzy.com/






















2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you came and that you left INSPIRED! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those photos of LA and the bookstore are amazing! Make me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete